Permits for rep. office employees

Foreign legal entities have the right to register a representative office in Ukraine and involve foreign nationals to work in Ukraine.

The Inviter, i.e. a representative office of foreign legal entity in Ukraine, is responsible for the legal entry, residence, employment, and departure of foreigners who were invited to work after the expiration of their stay in Ukraine.

Foreign citizens and stateless persons who arrived in Ukraine to work in representative offices, may obtain a temporary residence permit.

One of the issues faced when hiring a foreigner to a Ukrainian company is getting a work permit. Good news, as in case of the employment of foreigners by the representative office of a foreign legal entity, no work permit is required.

Acquiring the residential status of an employee of the foreign legal entity’s representative office in Ukraine involves the following:

1. Obtaining the documents from the foreign legal entity representative office, registered in Ukraine (a request for assistance in visa and temporary residence permit issuance and representative office registration certificate);

2. Applying for D type visa in the consulate of Ukraine abroad based on working in the foreign legal entity representative office in Ukraine. More info about this type of visas here.

3. Submitting required documents to the Migration Service office in Ukraine for a temporary residence permit. Read more about the temporary residency by this link.

Tetiana Yashchenko